I have great clients. Help me keep them happy.
Over the past seven years, I’ve built a solid and diverse slate of clients in the marketing and technology field. Next step: Build a solid and diverse team of writers, to help me serve those clients and continue building my business.
If you’ve proven your value as a B2B marketing writer on a corporate team, and you’ve thought about going solo, this is a golden opportunity. If you’re already working as a contract writer and are looking to grow your business, that’s even better.
Is this you?
- You think and write clearly and concisely. You get a thrill out of making a sentence or a word shorter and more to-the-point.
- You’re creative and know how to tell a good story, no matter how “dry” the subject matter might initially appear. You can say the same thing any number of different ways.
- You’re a great writer, which means you’re always refining your craft. You aim for perfection in every draft you send out—but you expect constructive feedback.
- You always, always read the brief—before, during, and after completing a new draft, before you hit “send.” You might even print that draft out to read it over, because you know you’ll see things differently than you would on-screen.
- You take feedback professionally and well, always with the assumption that your client knows the subject matter, the audience, and the internal politics better than you do.
- When it’s time to push back on client feedback, you do so with courtesy, intelligence, and humor.
- You have a basic understanding of business, and you’re good a building and maintaining relationships.
- You enjoy wrapping your head around complex ideas, but you’re not necessarily a techie. This is not technical writing—it’s B2B marketing.
- You’re naturally curious and good at asking questions. You’d rather ask a “dumb” question (no such thing) than write something that makes no sense in your own head.
- You have the ability in a world of increasing distraction to settle in and do focused work for several hours at a time, on a regular basis.
What it will look like:
You’ll work on a mostly hourly basis from the comfort of your own home office, starting with 6-8 hours a week and working up from there. Rate to be negotiated, based on experience. To begin, we will work together on a contract basis.
In a perfect world, you’ll work closely with me over the next decade to help build a top-tier writing agency so we can all have the lives we’ve always dreamed of. In an even more perfect world, you’ll join me in making north-central Montana your home, so we can help build the economy of the area and maybe see each other in person once in a while.
To apply, please send the following to words (at) loribmedia.com:
- A cover letter
- A resume
- Three samples of your work in the area of B2B technology marketing
- Three work references
Please be patient, and don’t be too discouraged if I take awhile to get back to you. Thanks!